Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Self Binding Baby Blankets

I made another flannel baby blanket today for my new great nephew Dominic, so thought I'd post a few I have made in the past along with the newest one and the pattern/tutorial in case anyone is interested in trying them some time.  They are so fun and can be adjusted in size very easily if you don't have quite a wide enough flannel to work with.  For instance, if your flannel is only 41 inches wide after you trim off the salavages/stamping, and the pattern says 45 for the backing/binding piece, then reduce the smaller cut inner section by the difference of 4 inches smaller on that one and it will work out just fine.  The link for the tutorial is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqwdNqMZ8Ro&noredirect=1   The only thing I do differently is I measure in each side to make sure they are totally evenly centered when I sew the 2 flannels together..believe me this is a life saver!  If you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I will try to assist you!  ok, here are the pictures..








This last one was made by my 12 yo granddaughter, Sami, so you can see how it's a project you could easily handle too! These are just a few of the ones I have made..didn't have pictures of all of them..

1 comment:

  1. Oh I want that black cat with the zigzag print! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete