Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pork Chops with Stuffing and Apples

I usually don't do a ton of cooking on Saturday, but today I wanted a "real" meal instead of running to one of our 4 choices for takeout close to my home, but also didn't want to spend a ton of time making something..I came up with one of my favorite quick, easy, yummy meals..pork chops with stuffing and apples. Every time I make it for someone they really like it and ask for the recipe, so decided to post it on here for future reference!  Here's all you have to do..

Pick up the ingredients below..doesn't have to be a special brand, or even flavor of stuffing mix.  I have used herb, pork, and even chicken/turkey..they all taste good in it.. same thing with the apple pie filling, whatever you prefer or can afford.  I have used 4-6 pork chops, but these should be boneless for ease of eating it only.


Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.  Then brown them well on both sides..I just spray the pan with Pam, but if you like other methods go for it.  after they are browned shut them off.  In the meantime make the stuffing mix according to the package directions.  set aside.  In a baking dish the size you need for how many pork chops you are making, spread the apple pie filling on the bottom, no need to grease the pan.  Then put a layer of your browned pork chops, and scoop mounds (I use my ice cream scoop) of the stuffing on each pork chop.  cover with aluminum foil and put in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes until the pork is thoroughly cooked.  it will look like this when you take it out of the oven.  Did I tell you they are good?  LOL

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted this one! Looks super easy and soooo good!

    ReplyDelete