Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Tomato Tuna Melts

I am a stuffed tomato fan-stuffed with ham salad, chicken salad or tuna salad, so when I saw this posting on Skinnytaste.com I had to make some.  For her recipe just go to her site.  It's a little different than mine because I am a Miracle Whip person and I used American cheese slices because I didn't have Cheddar at home.  I really liked them and they were easy to make.  I had some fresh Colorado peaches with it and it filled me up on a week night besides. 

Here you go:

TOMATO TUNA MELTS:
1 can (5 oz) tuna in water drained.
2 Tablespoons Miracle Whip salad dressing
1 center stalk celery finely chopped
1 Tbsp finely chopped onion (I used yellow sweet)
2 ripe tomatoes, halved (I got fresh from the garden ones)
some salt and pepper
4 slices American cheese

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the broiler to high, pull the top rack and line with aluminum foil. 

Season the cut tomatoes with salt and pepper.

In a small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients, season lightly with salt and pepper.

divide the tuna mixture in 4 and put one portion on top of each tomato.  add a slice of cheese on top of each.  Put on rack and then place the rack on the second rung down from the broiler.  watch carefully..the cheese melts fast and will burn.  Remove from the oven and serve.  you can use the same recipe but substitute cooked chicken or diced ham..




No comments:

Post a Comment