Search This Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2016

I discovered a new yarn by Lion Brand called Scarfie and couldn't resist picking up some to make some new scarves for gifts.  It comes in lots of pretty colors and when I showed them to my granddaughter, Samantha, she picked this one that is in shades of black to light gray.  It's a nice yarn and has 22% wool, so will be warm when it's cold outside here in Minnesota.  One skein makes a long scarf and they work up fast because it's a bulky yarn and you use all half double crochet stitches to make it.  You just chain 23, turn and go into the 3 chain with a HDC, then all the way across for a total of 21 stitches, chain 2 and turn and go across the 21 stitches and repeat.  It's a great pattern for watching TV or on long trips in the car (as a passenger!) or any time you need to fill some time..I will be making more!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gaile! You're making that Scarfie look great :)

    All best,
    Ben from Lion Brand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,my other granddaughter has requested the same colors so I will be busy making another one, although I want to try the other shades!

    ReplyDelete