Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Taco Pizza

I mentioned my daughter, Kim, makes a Mexican/taco pizza pretty often.  I had some pizza sauce set aside from yesterday's post on how to make pizza sauce, and had thawed out some hamburger yesterday too, so to kill two birds with one stone I decided to make her pizza.  I found a recipe online for bread machine pizza dough that's in the machine as we speak..there are lots of them online, so just pick one that has good reviews and go for it..I was surprised at how many called for flat beer.  Let me know if you try that and how it is!  Sounds interesting.  I just made a basic one but substituted about 1/4 cup of the flour for some corn meal..thought that might be good with a Mexican style pizza.

Here's how she told me to do it.

Bake a pizza crust until slightly browned.

Spread crust with a mixture of half pizza sauce and half salsa.

Add crushed taco chips (I am thinking frito chips crushed might be good too)

Add prepared taco hamburger using directions on taco seasoning packet

add whatever other toppings you like..such as olives, extra onion etc.

Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top and bake in a 375 degree oven until melted and slightly browned.

Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream and taco sauce, if desired. 


No comments:

Post a Comment