Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Burrito Bowls!

I had seen a post on Facebook with this recipe and printed it off a few days ago to make this week.  It looked like a good work night supper, fast, not expensive and leftovers possibly for work.  Of course I had to change it up a little, so sharing it with my adaptations.  The recipe was pretty vague about sizes of ingredients so it appears you can alter those to your taste.  We liked them, although both Joe and I added some chopped green chilies to ours because it fell a little flat for us without them..Dave liked his more mellow..

EASY BURRITO BOATS:

Brown 1 lb of hamburger with salt and pepper-next time I would add a litte chopped onion to this. Drain well. 

add 1 package of your favorite taco seasoning or an amount to your taste. 

add one can of refried beans (I used authentic flavor)

add 1 small can of tomato sauce.  Blend all well. 

I bought the little tortillas that are formed like boats..they were on sale and the package of 8 was perfect and they were easy to work with for this recipe.  Divide the meat mix evenly in the 8 shells on a sheet pan. Top with a small package, about 6 ounces, of Mexican cheese blend, shredded, divided evenly between the 8 pieces.  Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.  In the meantime I shredded some lettuce, chopped some tomatoes, although salsa would be good too, black or green olives, chopped onions, sour cream, taco sauce and whatever else you enjoy on your burritos for sides.  (I used a small can of green chilies also) and let people add their favorites.  I also served it with some nacho cheese Doritos that I actually crushed up on top of my serving and added some Western dressing.  I know..sounds weird, but it's actually how I make my taco salad and we love that.  Glad I tried these..

No comments:

Post a Comment