Search This Blog

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Deviled Eggs for Easter

Easter just wouldn't be the same without some deviled eggs at my house, so today I got some ready for tomorrow's feast.  I boiled a dozen eggs in salted water (I hear it helps them peel easier) for 10 minutes at a low boil and then drained them and covered them with cold water until cool, peeled them-it did seem easier, although I got "dents" in two of them.  Then I cut them in half, removed the yolks and put them in a bowl and wiped out the whites with a paper towel to make sure they were dry and clean.  with a fork I finely mashed/smashed the yolks in the bowl, added about a couple tsps. of regular yellow mustard, about a 1/4 of a cup of Miracle Whip, some pickle relish (I had made this, but you can use dill relish or just add a little juice from the jar if you don't like relish in them) salt and pepper to taste and mix well..then just put the mixture in the well of the egg white and sprinkle with paprika lightly.  I used my Pampered Chef pasty tube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment