Search This Blog

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Spaghetti Salad



My daughter, Kim, made this salad yesterday for a gigantic pig roast they were going to and, since I hadn't had it for months, starting craving it.  Needless to say, when I went to Walmart last night I bought the ingredients and made it this morning!  I have absolutely no will power when it comes to yummy food in case you haven't noticed..Here's how I make it..

SPAGHETTI SALAD:

8-12 ounces of angel hair pasta, broken in half, and cooked according to directions to el dente stage, drain, rinse with cold water.   Set aside.

In the meantime: Prepare veggies and Pepperoni:

Dice up:
About 1 cup of fresh broccoli (I only use the heads-more tender-and measure after you have cut up to make the 1 cup).

1 large or 2 small tomatoes that have been seeded..here is how I seed them..just cut them in fourth and using a small spoon to scoop out the seeded area.  then dice up the flesh.


1/2 of a large cucumber that has also been de-seeded and diced

1 large carrot sliced thinly (I like to cut on the diagonal for appearance), or you can also use the baby carrots and just do the same with about 6 or so of them.

Pepperoni to your preference.  I used about 3/4 of a bag of slices and then chopped them smaller, but you can also use a whole back of the mini pepperoni.  They are more expensive though so I just did the chopping.


Toss it all together with 4 Tablespoons of McCormick Salad Supreme, or make you own recipe from this link..it's cheaper and the spices in it will be around usually in your kitchen and if you have to purchase them they last a long time for other recipes or to make more batches.  One of these batches is perfect for the recipe. http://www.food.com/recipeprint.do?rid=24917  



Then add 1 cup of Italian dressing..you can add a little more if it soaks in too much when you serve it.  I like to use this type because it tastes good and is less calories/fat.  I really like the "house" Italian dressings in general..not as bitey to me.


Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving so it does soak into the ingredients.  Hope you like it as much as we do!


 
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment