Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Crazy Banana Cake

I usually stay clear of most Facebook recipes because the ones I've tried looked great in the picture, but were not great when I made them, but I have a ton of frozen bananas in my freezer right now and saw this recipe for the Crazy Banana Cake on there and someone had said they made it and it was good, so I tried it out today.  It's really good; one of the best banana cakes I've had..it's light, yet moist and banana flavored and the frosting is not overly sweet and cream cheesy and light.  it's not that "Crazy"..the only crazy part is that you put it directly in the freezer after baking it for 45 minutes so it cools down to put on the frosting?  so don't let that discourage you from trying it.  It makes a really big cake..fills up basically the whole 9 x 13 pan, so I am going to try making it into a 3 layer cake sometime for a special meal and maybe sprinkle some crushed nuts on top to dress it up.  Here is my picture when finished and I will post the link for you also for the recipe..OH, and I should mention it didn't say to beat it with a mixer, but I did at the end just to make sure everything was mixed well and not clumps of lumpiness of flour etc..eek.


http://happyhooligans.ca/best-ever-banana-cake-with-cream-cheese-icing/

No comments:

Post a Comment