Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2015

A Busy, Busy Sunday

Well, today was a very busy day.  My sister, Karen, has been up since Thursday night, going home tomorrow morning.  The main reason she came was to celebrate with my other siblings, my mom's 89th birthday.  The party was at noon today.  It was a big potluck.  I made BBQ's ribs and chicken and others brought potato salad, coleslaw, calico beans, buns, and strawberry shortcake.  It was delicious, but of course I got too full.  I think my mom really liked it as we had it at her house and she didn't have to get dragged out for once, plus having all her kids together is her favorite thing anyway. 


THEN, tonight I had another meal for some of my kids who could make it, and to celebrate a belated birthday, but this time my son, Joe, grilled marinated pork chops, I made red baby potatoes on the grill in a packet, corn on the cob, fresh fruit and homemade cheesecake with the toppings bar.  I could only eat one corn on the cob, half a pork chop, a bun and a small piece of cheesecake..but they ate pretty good so not tons of leftovers at least..now I am ready for the sack..work tomorrow and have to take my sister to the airport!  Good Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment