Search This Blog

Saturday, May 30, 2015

A day to try a new Pioneer Woman recipe

I was watching one of my favorite Food Network shows "The Pioneer Woman" a week or so ago and she was making a meal for her husband's birthday.  She made this recipe that I just had to try, so did today.  It's called Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch Dressing.  The recipe makes about a quart, so I picked up the ingredients I didn't have at home (except the tri-colored peppercorns-I just used plain peppercorns because I had some of those and couldn't see buying them) and made the dressing this morning so it could "work together" all day and I could serve it for supper tonight.  It was easy to make..everything goes into a blender to mix together.  My husband and I both liked it a lot..He asked for more of it on his salad then I had put on even.  Anyway, it's a good ranch dressing, so give it a try if you like ranch.  Tastes very fresh.  we added more ground peppercorn and a little salt on ours when I served it.  If you are watching your calories, you could definitely substitute the light versions of most the ingredients and I think it would still be good.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/the-pioneer-woman/1000-series/happy-birthday-ladd.html#!

No comments:

Post a Comment