Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

M&Ms left on my counter?

Last night my son, Joe, must have been craving his favorite M&M cookies, because when I went into the kitchen to clean up after supper, there was a large bag of plain M&Ms.  Since today is my day off, I decided to use up some lemons I had in the fridge from another cooking adventure a few weeks ago and make lemon bars to give away..some to bring to Kyle's spring concert tomorrow night for him and Sami and my daughter Shellie, some to Alana because she loves them, and some to a girl at work who is going on a road trip to Florida with her husband who loves my lemon bars big time..a little care package for the road.  While I was at it I made Joe's M&M cookies, just from the recipe on the back of the M&M's.  They turned out really tasty.  I must admit I did sneak a one or two or three of them this afternoon..had to make sure they were just right after all.. I am posting the recipe just in case they don't put it on the back down the line..it is a good one after all!  (The lemon bar recipe has already been posted previously on this blog)

RED'S AMAZING M&M COOKIE RECIPE:

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1-1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1-3/4 cups M&M (not peanut)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1) In a large bowl, cream butter and both sugars until well blended.  Add egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
2) Add flour, baking soda and salt (that has been whisked together) to the butter mixture until well combined. 
3) Fold in the M&Ms.
4) Drop dough onto cookie sheet (I used a small cookie scoop) by rounded Tablespoon about 2 inches apart.  It says to lightly grease the pan, but I didn't and they were fine. 
5) Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.  Remove from pan onto cooling rake.  enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment