Search This Blog

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Remoulade Sauce recipe from Grills

When I was on the Florida trip (this is Florida trip posting month obviously!) Karen and Vern took us out to Cocoa Beach on the East side of state to a favorite restaurant of theirs and mine when I've been down there called Grills.  They have the best fresh catch lunches there and they especially love their fish sandwich, but I especially love their bacon wrapped scallops with a sauce that is wonderful.  We've been trying to duplicate it forever, and I have made one for our fondues that is pretty darn good, but on this last trip I asked the waitress if they would give out the recipe and she said yes!!  We had asked for it before and the answer was always no, so I was thrilled!  Of course, the recipe made 8 qts of it, which even at our household is a little too much, so today, since I am making the shrimp and scallop kabobs from Vern's recipe, I thought I'd try cutting it down to a more realistic size in case people wanted to have some with them.  I think it tastes right!  It's really good, so I am posting it as such and we'll see what the family says tonight..

REMOULADE SAUCE FROM GRILLS CUT DOWN
 
1 cup real mayonnaise
1/2 cup cocktail sauce (I used Heinz)
1/8 cup mustard (I used yellow, but a lot of sites I looked at said they use spicy creole, the recipe didn't say what kind)
large dash of Tabasco (some sites used siracha chili sauce)
1/2 of a lemon squeezed (I didn't aggressively squeeze because it was a juicy lemon)
generous dash of Cayenne pepper
1/2 Tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning
 
Mix together (or do all of it in a blender for smoothness, especially if you use the siracha) and refrigerate until ready to use. 
UPDATE: It was really good with the kabobs tonight.  My granddaughter, Alana, rated the meal a 10..Dave grilled the kabobs and they were perfect.  If anyone wants the recipe please ask. Yum.
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment