Search This Blog

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Leslie's Special K Bars-Yummy

I am not sure how or where my friend, Leslie, got the recipe for these bars, but they are the best Special K Bars that I have ever had.  She brought them over one time when we were having a sewing weekend together and I was hooked on them.  It was hard to not eat the whole lot of them!  I immediately asked her for the recipe and now these are the only ones I make, and I thought the other recipe (original one) was good.  They are super creamy and sinful.  Two of the grandkids are coming over for supper/sleepover tonight, and being I had all the ingredients, I decided this was a good time to throw a batch together.  I am hoping they love them too so I don't devour the whole thing myself!  Try the recipe, it's 100% guaranteed you will love them too!

LESLIE'S SPECIAL K BARS:
 
In a medium saucepan put:
1-1/3 cups white sugar
1-1/3 cups white syrup (Karo)
bring this mixture just to a rolling boil..remove from heat and add:
 
1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
dash of salt
and stir together until smooth..then add:
 
6 cups Special K cereal and mix until completely incorporated and coated.  Put the mixture into a 9 x 13 lightly sprayed cake pan, patting it down until flattened evenly. 
 
Melt together 1 pkg chocolate chips and 1/2 pkg butterscotch chips via double boiler method or microwave method (I use the microwave method, heating 1 minute, then stir, heat another minute and stir and adding 30 seconds as needed until completely smooth (usually one 30 second timing works for me, so 2-1/2 minutes total.  Frost this onto the bars and let cool.  The hardening is faster if you put it in the fridge, but after hardened leave bars on the counter so they stay chewy.  (cut fairly small as they are very rich).
 



No comments:

Post a Comment