Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Turkey,Cranberry (or cherry) Pasta Salad

It's definitely Fall here in Minnesota, but I am still craving pasta salads and am trying to squeeze in all the summer dishes I can before the snow flies and I start craving hearty, hot soups again.   I ran across this recipe in my stash and decided to give it a try today since I was running to the grocery store anyway and could get the ingredients.  I think it turned out pretty tasty, so am posting it for others who love their  pasta like me.  Hope you like it too.

TURKEY, CRANBERRY (OR CHERRY) PASTA SALAD:

1 (12 ounce package bow tie pasta (Farfalle)
1 (6 ounce) pkg dried cranberries or cherries
3 cups leftover turkey, torn up or cubed small (I bought some turkey tenderloins and cooked them)
1 cup diced celery
1/2 cup red onion diced small (I used 4 green onions chopped finely)-I think I would leave this out next time-I like onion, but wasn't that crazy about it in this for some reason.
3/4 cup prepared creamy poppyseed dressing (I wanted less fat/calories so used a fat free brand)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted

I cheated with the cranberries and walnuts and just used some of the blends they have for salads with the cherries and walnuts already in it.

Prepare pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain.

In a large bowl combine cooled pasta, cherries, turkey, celery and onion.  Toss with dressing until coated. 

Refrigerate covered several hours or overnight.  Toss with walnuts before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment