Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Prepping for our Big Christmas Eve Event-marinating Whiskey Wings

Our family tradition is to celebrate on Christmas Eve and eat lots of little bites of food..of course we start out strong and then find out little bites add up really fast into a big plate of food and very full belly.  I made the eggrolls (always my contribution) about 10 days ago and froze them, so one major thing was off my list and now it's easy street.  Since everyone makes things we don't have to do a ton of cooking each, which I love.  I will try to post a picture of the big spread once it's ready at my daughter's house tomorrow night, but you never know if that will be possible because everyone dives in once they get the word it's set up..tonight I started marinating chicken wings.  This recipe is an oldy, but goody from back in about the 70's.  I was working at a factory at the time and we had a potluck at which a lady brought these and generously gave me the recipe.  They are so good.  I call them whiskey wings because they have a portion of whiskey in them.  They actually taste somewhat similar to teriyaki wings, but maybe a little sweeter and richer to me.  I always make at least a double batch and used to 4 x it...but just a word of warning, make all separate batches so the flavors stay true to the amount of meat.  I just make them in stronger zip lock gallon bags to help keep down the dirty dishes. 

Here is the recipe and I will post a picture once they are cooked tomorrow also. 

WHISKEY WINGS:
 2 lbs wings split into separate parts
4 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Accent seasoning
5 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp drinkable whiskey

Mix well and marinate at least 24 hours.  Use tightly sealed container or gallon zip lock bag with air squeezed out before sealing and make sure contained is mixed around at least a few times.  Heat oven to broil.  lay wings on a broiler pan, and brown on both sides under broiler.  I take them off the top broiler unit and place them in the bottom pan with the juices and then turn heat down to 350 and bake until done..30-45 minutes.  (they can be put in a crockpot also to slow cook or keep warm during a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment