Search This Blog

Monday, December 14, 2015

Kim's Apple Coleslaw

My daughter, Kim, made this coleslaw for Thanksgiving this year and we loved it, so I got the recipe.  Today, after making a pile of eggrolls the last two days, I had about half a bag of cabbage mix for coleslaw and thought I'd reduce it down and make up some for supper tonight..it's so easy and nice you have to make it at least an hour before serving so you can just pop it in the fridge while you are busy making the rest of the meal.  (although I scooped some into a small bowl and ate it just now)..I couldn't resist.  (I made 1/4 of the recipe)

Here's how she makes it:

APPLE COLESLAW:
Poppy Seed Honey Dressing:
1/4 cup vinegar
1 cup real mayonnaise
up to 1/3 cup poppy seeds (she uses about half of the 1/3 cup)
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Mix altogether and set aside.

Take two bags of coleslaw mix with carrots, add 1 bunch scallions thinly sliced and 4 honey crisp apples that have been finely cubed and add the dressing..toss until well blended.  refrigerate at least 1 hour, then mix lightly and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment