Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble

My son, Joe, posted a like on this recipe on Facebook, since he ate up his rhubarb cream pie and wanted more rhubarb stuff I guess.  It's actually one of Andrew Zimmer's recipes, but since I messed up a little on it I am printing it like I made it because, although I haven't tasted it, it smells super delicious!  I need to go get some more ice cream because Dave has been on a root beer float kick and used it all up anyway.  Can't wait to try it though so need to get going to the store quickly!
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE HOW I ENDED UP MAKING IT..
1 quart strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
1 pound rhubarb peeled and sliced in thin slices
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Mix all together and let sit for 1/2 hour stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile:
Put 1/4 cup sliced almonds in a food processor (I have a mini one that I used for this) and pulse until a fine consistency. set aside.
In a medium bowl combine well (I used a fork)
1 stick butter, soft
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
add the almond powder
3/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
and mix until combined. 
put the berry/rhubarb mix into a pie pan-I used a taller sided one, but if you use a more shallow one make sure you put it on a tin foil lined baking sheet because I am pretty sure it will bubble over..
add the crumble all over the top. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes..cool on a rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment