Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

New Fallish Snack Mix to Try.

This recipe came up on Facebook as a popular post from Pinterest a week or so ago, so I printed it off, picked up the ingredients I needed and figured one day I'd try it since it looked pretty good.  Today I finished painting the second coat on my ever lasting bedroom project and had some time left in the day, so threw it in the crockpot.  I did 4 cups of Rice Chex and 4 cups of Graham cereal and omitted the broken up graham crackers.  I bought a can of mixed honey nuts and dumped the whole thing in.  I also added the 2 Tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice and it's perfect to me.  When it cooled enough I added about half a bag of candy corn to brighten it up and I actually like the taste even more with one of those with a some of it in my mouth.  Alana said she liked dried cranberries so that's what I threw in there, but personally I think I'd leave them out next time. they are okay, but I don't think they enhance it at all.  Alana, the middle grandkid, is having her friend birthday party this weekend, so I will be giving it to her for that, otherwise I would be constantly picking at it, I can already tell.  I definitely thought it was great for this time of year..the link to the recipe is  http://www.averiecooks.com/.../crock-pot-maple.../print/

No comments:

Post a Comment