Search This Blog

Friday, July 17, 2015

Working on Projects for the 2015 Isanti County Fair-Kyle and Sam's 4H Baking projects

The kids have to get their fair entries in on Monday, and I always have helped them with their baking projects.  They will do 2 each I think.  Sam is making Raspberry Almond Dream Cookies, after much debate, this year.  I didn't have the raspberry jam, so we used my homemade strawberry rhubarb jam instead.  They tasted good with the change!  It's one of our favorites around here..

Here is the recipe:

RASPBERRY SHORTBREAD DREAMS:

1 cup soft butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups flour
1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam

GLAZE:
1 cup powdered (confectioner's sugar)
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 tsps. water , or enough so you can drizzle it over the cookies

1.  In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in extract. Add flour gradually until a stiff dough forms. (I used my (clean) hands to get it mixed in thoroughly).  Cover and refrigerate for one hour (I never do this and they are fine).

2.  Roll into 1 inch balls (I use my little cookie scoop), place 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.  Using the end of a wooden spoon make an indentation in the center, making sure not to go all the way through to the pan.  fill with jam. 

3.  Bake at 350 degrees for 14-18 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.  remove to wire racks to cool.  spoon additional jam into cookies if desired.  make the glaze and drizzle a little over the cookies.  cook completely so glaze sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment