Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Thanksgiving Scalloped Corn

This is one dish that I only make on Thanksgiving..mainly because it makes a lot and it is all gone at the end of the meal.  I can't say it's my favorite thing to eat as a leftover, and if I wanted to make it for a regular meal I guess I'd have to figure out how to make it smaller which is too much work.  Thus, it's the Thanksgiving Scalloped Corn recipe..I made it today per the family request and it was empty once again, so I am posting it because it's a family favorite of ours.  It came out of a cookbook from my one of my coworkers and her golf league.  It's a small cookbook, but every recipe I've tried is a good one!

Scalloped Corn: 
1 (16 oz) can creamed corn
1 (16 oz) can kernel corn (drained)
1/2 cup butter or margarine melted (I use butter)
1 pkg Jiffy corn muffin mix
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 cup sour cream

Combine all ingredients reserving 1/4 cup of the Jiffy corn muffin mix.  Combine well and put in a baking dish.. Mine is a 12" round size.  sprinkle with the 1/4 cup reserving mix.  Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until it's slightly browned and springs back a little when touched in the middle.  Mine took 45 minutes..depends on the size pan you used for time..

No comments:

Post a Comment