Search This Blog

Friday, November 28, 2014

Lacie Oatmeal Cookies

Sometimes I just get tired of chocolate..I know that sounds unbelievable, but it's true.  This time of year from October until after the first of the year, it's nothing but Chocolate in some shape, size or form, to the point that I just need a change of pace from it..that's when I make these cookies..they are definitely free of chocolate yet definitely good cookies!  They are in a 4H cookbook from the early 70's and I have been making these for 40 years now.  I also like that they have all my favorite things in them, oatmeal, butterscotch, pecans and coconut.  They are just the thing with a cup of flavored coffee for me.  They are also a good way to use up some small bags of leftover ingredients in your cupboards from your previous baking.  I just pulled them out of the oven and already ate two and they passed the "remembrance" test for hitting just the right spot..

LACIE OATMEAL COOKIES: 

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup soft shortening-Crisco
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat above ingredients with a mixer, then add:
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon baking powder

Beat with a mixer and stir in by hand:
1 cup coconut
1 cup quick oatmeal
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 small bag butterscotch chips

form into balls, about 1 Tablespoon of dough.  press down with a glass bottom dipped in sugar.  (12 per cookie sheet-they spread out).  Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment