Search This Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Sunny Vegetable Salad

This is another recipe I used to make and then for some reason it faded out of my life.  Something new must have come along and I quit making it, but it's worth renewing!  It's another dish I am making for tomorrow.  My mom used to be the one who made this to start with and the rest of us just caught on to the fire from her making it.  It makes a big batch, so if you are having just a few people over I'd recommend a half a batch.  It takes a while to put together..lots of cutting things into small pieces, but it's worth it in the end.  I made 1-1/2 batches to fill a big tub.

SUNNY VEGETABLE SALAD: 
5 cups broccoli florets (tiny ones)
5 cups cauliflowerets
2 cups finely shredded cedar cheese (I used the sharp cheddar)
2/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 -1 cup craisins or raisins (I used craisins)

Dressing:
1 cup Miracle Whip
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar (I used cidar)

TOPPINGS:
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
14/ cup sunflower seeds

MIX the vegetables with the dressing that has been whipped together.  Top with sunflower seeds and bacon after it's been refrigerated 1 hour.  Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment