Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2016

My niece was trying to find someone to crochet a mermaid afghan for my great niece, Olivia, about a month ago, so I put her in the lineup and started it after the holiday season.  It's been slow going, just like everything it seems lately that I work on, but tonight I should finally finish it.  We've been in the midst of a super cold spell in Minnesota-the temp was -20 and wind chill way colder this weekend, so I honkered in and worked on it.  The pattern was a free one I found online and I used Caron Simply Soft Party yarn (a silvery sparkly yarn) for the tail-I bought 4 skeins, but could have gotten away with 3 if I wanted to separate one of the skeins into 2 balls (you need to use double strands) and the same thing for the body which was Red Heart Unforgettable in Tidal.  I did make the child size.  It comes in toddler, child and adult size.  Here is a picture of it with about 5 inches left to go and I should be able to finish tonight so I can get it to her to use during the cold months while watching TV or reading or napping even.  I think it turned out pretty for her..she loves the colors of the sea.
I finished it finally!  Mailing it off to her with a little Mermaid letter I made for her.  I will post a picture when she sends one off with it.  I like the final product..too big to get a decent picture of it though, and of course the shells etc look more defined in life, but it is what it is...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment