Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

CARAMEL APPLE OATMEAL COOKIES

We just got back from a 10 day RV trip to South Dakota, Wyoming and Colorado.  Lots of relaxation, gorgeous scenery and no breakdowns!  Thus the reason I haven't been on here for a while.  BUT I did find a delicious cookie at a trucks stop that I just had to recreate once I got home to take in to work tomorrow for the ladies who helped out with my work while I was out.  I had never had this one before and I think it's delicious and a great breakfast cookie with a cup of Joe for them.  The only difference in my cookie is I didn't use coconut..some people don't like it much, so thought they would be just as good without it and they are to me!  I found the recipe online..there was only one review and it wasn't good.  The baker said hers never set up, ran all over the cookie sheet and she threw it out, but I didn't have any trouble.  I am wondering if she missed some ingredient or didn't chill the dough long enough?  Add some coconut if you like, that's what my Wyoming cookie had and I liked it.  The only thing I did differently on her cookie was cut the nutmeg to 1/2 tsp because I am not a big fan of nutmeg.   My baking time varied..I used two cookie sheets at a time because I didn't want to be baking them all night..you can only fit like 6 of the monsters on each pan and the time took anywhere from 17-20 minutes.   Here is the link..  oh and make sure you spray your pan or use parchment paper..the caramel will stick. 
http://hoosierhomemade.com/easyrecipe-print/27887-0/

No comments:

Post a Comment