Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Wizard of Oz Baby Tote

One of my daughter, Kim's, friends Mandy is going to be a grandma for the first time.  Her daughter, Kourtney, is having a baby in February and is a big time fan of Wizard of Oz.  She was saying how cool it would be to have a baby bag with the theme of Wizard of Oz, so her mom gathered up all the supplies/pattern and asked me to sew one for her.  I finished it last night.  The pattern is called Professional Tote by The Creative Thimble and it has tons of pockets front and back, sides and inside so a perfect pattern for this.  I felt a little intimated looking at the pattern, but after the hours of cutting out all the pieces and interfacing it actually wasn't a hard pattern.  She has lots of detailed steps and drawings that really helped along the way. I wanted to add that she doesn't include the actual interfacing to use, so including that the one I used is called Pellon 809 Decor Bond interfacting and it works really well-suggested by a quilt store).  I am pretty sure she is going to love it and be really surprised.  I am going to make one for myself next!


No comments:

Post a Comment