Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Jan's birthday scarf and other colors for craft show

One of the ladies from work has a birthday this weekend, so it's party time on Friday for her. She has done tons of embroidery for me on her machine, so I thought I'd make her a little something for her birthday to keep her warm. She drives a long ways like me and also likes to walk her dog, so hopefully she can get some use out if..also she doesn't knit or crochet. I have recently started to like the old fashioned look of yarn again..I think they look kind of old English so used a tweedy yarn with a blackish background and specs of different colors..it's a Lion Brand yarn called Hometown USA and the color is called Cambridge Tweed.  It took two balls of it.  It's a super soft yarn also, so would feel cozy on her neck.. hope she likes it!  In case you like it, the pattern is a Lion Brand free pattern called Crochet Rib Scarf and it's a super simple, quick pattern to throw together.  Maybe took 1-1-/2 hours to make.  
I decided to make up some more of these because they are a fun, fast project I can do in an evening, and put them away for our work craft show in November.  hopefully I can earn some Christmas money if I make enough projects over these next months to sell there!  Anyway, here is scarf #2..

Scarf 3, love this red.

Scarf 4: Gray
Scarf 5: pink/gray/black

tweedy dark gray

1 comment:

  1. I really like the first scarf the best out of all of them! :)

    ReplyDelete