Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2020

Frozen Fruit Cups

I tried these frozen fruit cups yesterday and liked the versatility of them, so posting so I can make them again some time.  They are pretty, refreshing and fast to put together.  I like the individual ones, but if someone wanted to put the whole recipe in a 9 x 13 pan and freeze it, then cut into serving sizes, it would work great too.  You can vary the fruit to whatever you want and have in your cupboard or fridge pretty much I think also.  Berries would be good in them, cut up in tiny pieces.

FROZEN FRUIT CUPS:

In a medium/large bowl combine: (I used a hand mixer so sugar was completely dissolved)
1/2 pint heavy cream, softly whipped
1/2 pint sour cream
3/4 cup granulated sugar
5 Tablespoons maraschino cherry juice (from the jar of cherries)

Add: 
1/2 cup seedless purple grapes quartered
1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
2 medium bananas, finely chopped (I didn't have these and used 2 fresh peaches I had)
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice 

1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds, optional

In a cupcake tin (18 cupcake size if you have it or enough to equal that) put 18 foil lined cupcake papers.  divide the above fruit mixture between them, sprinkle almonds on top if desired.  cover and freeze.  Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.  


No comments:

Post a Comment