Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2018

Fluffy Pillow Shams for Shellie's Bed

After I made my daughter, Shellie, the quilt for Christmas (previous post), she asked me to make her pillow shams, which I quickly said no to.  LOL.  Wasn't ready to take on another project quite yet and had a lot of other projects in the works.  Well, she looked online and in the stores and couldn't find what she wanted exactly, plus they were expensive, so I finally caved and made her them.  She found some yarn to use, but it isn't her first choice for color..they just didn't have the chenille bulky kind in a color she wanted to match her quilt.  First she wanted the blue in it, nothing close, then green, nothing close, and she didn't want brown because she thought it was just too much brown, so she ended up with red.  She also has some smaller throw pillows with more muted colors, so hopefully it will be nice with those and she will be happy with it all together.  It took me a while to design the size and what I was going to do for it to work out, but I think they fit well on her king pillows.  Hope you enjoy them Shellie!  Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment