Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Chocolate Chip Date Cake

I know this may surprise some of you, but I was on Facebook this morning!  LOL.  I saw a posting that I decided I had to try today.  I happened to have dates in my cupboard (love date bars and so does my son so I keep them on hand).  The sister of my director from work, Susan Lightner, posted it per a request from someone, so I threw it together..didn't take long at all..and it's definitely a keeper.  One of those more old style cakes from a church cookbook that never fails.  It's much lighter than I expected and  yet moist and tasty.  It smells like heaven when you are baking it besides.  You don't even need to spend time making frosting as it's already built in, so less dishes and time before you can dive in..I added a dollop of cool whip, but real whipped cream would really take it over the top.  Here is exactly how she posted it.  I wanted to use her photo because it suits this cake so well!
and here is a picture of my finished cake!  I only added 1/4 cup of sugar on top and it was plenty to me..probably could even eliminate it if you wanted. *also Spry is shortening-there used to be a brand named that.  I used half butter and half shortening.

No comments:

Post a Comment