Search This Blog

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies

I had a bag of Hershey Kisses that I had broken into when I was having a chocolate frenzy and decided to make peanut blossom cookies today to use them up, plus Dave has been on a cookie craze lately and he can definitely use as many cookies as he can get into him to bring his weight up, so I have been trying to keep them around for him.  He takes them in his shop and wraps them in aluminum foil and warms them on his wood stove after supper. Anyway, I just used the recipe on the back of the kisses bag this time.  I usually have used an old one from one of my cookbooks, but was not in the mood to look for it, so used this one.  I thought they were really good flavored and textured cookies so posting it in case they ever take the recipe off the bag or I just want it for a chocolate star or something to put on top instead..My daughter's guy cleaned my gutters today so I sent them home some fresh from the oven and they looked like they weren't going to last really long!  Such a nice young man.

PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOM COOKIES:

Cream together:
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter

Then add:
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
(cream all until smooth)

Add:
1-1/2 cups white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

this will be a stiff dough.

roll into smaller balls, (I use a small cookie scoop), roll in either colored sugar for Christmas, or white granulated sugar and place on cookie sheets (I do 12 per sheet, but you could use more because they don't spread a lot), and bake at 375 or 8-10 minutes.  Remove from oven and press an unwrapped kiss into the center.  I personally think these are best when the cookie is still warm and the chocolate is soft and melty, but are good anytime. 



No comments:

Post a Comment