Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

King sized quilt for my Daughter Shellie's log bed

Shellie asked me in the spring of this year if I would make her a new quilt for her bed.  I had made one for her about 17 years ago, but although it's still intact, it's starting to fade and show that it's been well used and loved.  I vowed I'd never make another King sized quilt, but I caved, plus I have tons of fabric in my stash that I've barely made a dent in, so I said I would make it for her birthday and Christmas gift..well, now Christmas is around the corner and I finally got the top done to take to a machine quilter tomorrow.  I still have to piece the flannel backing tonight, per her request..she loves the cuddliness of flannel, especially here in Minnesota.  It's a Thimbleberries pattern by Lynette Jensen in one of her books.  I generally find her patterns easy, but for some reason this one kind of was a struggle.  Maybe because I haven't made a full quilt for a long time now.  I've been more into crocheting.  Anyway, here is a photo before the quilting and I will post one of it quilted also.  Makes such a difference! Thinking she will like it, especially since she picked out the pattern!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment