Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2016

A White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake that Turned into a Trifle

Tomorrow is Bosses Day at work.  I wasn't even aware of it until my daughter, Kim, said she had stopped at "Nothing  but Bundt Cakes" yesterday to pick up a bundt cake for her boss that everyone had chipped in on.  One of my bosses mentioned that she and her husband had been there last week too and loved it, so I looked on their website and decided to make a copycat recipe for their White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake that was posted on www.favfamilyrecipes.com.  I followed the recipe except my little local store didn't have the Solo brand raspberry pasty filling, so I substituted some raspberry seedless jelly.  I used less, like about 3/4 cup instead of the cup and just whipped it up and then used it as directed in her recipe.  Anyway...I should have crisco'ed and floured the bundt pan instead of using Pam cooking spray, but had good luck with that method for my pumpkin bundt cake, but it stuck and tore.  I could have cried since it was for work and had all these pictures in my mind of the pretty cake on my glass cake stand with the frosting and raspberries on the top, but then I went into survival mode and recreated it into a trifle.  I made the same frosting recipe, but half of it only, and then added a tub of cool whip to lighten it up for the trifle.  If I make it again I will also add some raspberries in the layers, but I didn't have enough at home and did not want to go to the store again for them.  I tasted tested the cake and filling together and it's yummy!  I am sure it will be fine..Whew!

Here is the link to the recipe for the bundt cake..There are other ones on the site too that look good, so check it out if you are into the bundt cake craze going on!
http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/our-version-of-nothing-bundt-cakes-white-chocolate-raspberry-cake/...just copy and paste the link into your browser.





No comments:

Post a Comment