Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Frida's Flowers CAL (crochet-a-long)




I am getting hooked on beautiful crocheted afghan's as my latest obsession.  I have printed off so many crochet patterns the last few years that I will never be able to make all of them in my lifetime, but couldn't pass up on making this CAL that originated in the UK.  Patterns for different parts come out every 2 weeks and I have finished part 1, just in time for part 2 to come out on Tuesday.  I am really going to try to keep  up with it this time!  I believe the final clue comes out on something like July 2 on finishing it off.  It's called Frida's flowers and I chose the cotton yarn kit for it.  I love the colors of this yarn.  (My photography isn't great so the color is richer than the photo) but the colors are vibrant and the yarn is soft and a great tight weave so you can really see the stitch definition.  It's a cotton from Stylecraft yarns from the UK, but there are a few places to buy it in the USA..a shop in Texas is one of them.  Here are my week one pieces finished!  I am posting a picture of the finished afghan (they call them blankets) so you can see where the piece fits in..I will be adding the weeks to this posting..



Step Two!


Step 3, before weaving ends in-will do that tonight when watching TV..have to get some work done now..rats.

Step 4
One completed of 4 for Set 5-rest are almost done, so still on schedule!
set 6 done-ring of roses
Set 7
:
The afghan laid out and ready to sew together




No comments:

Post a Comment