Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Whipped Cream Frosting

I was prepping/making ahead some of the food I "signed up" to make for Easter dinner today and remembered this recipe for frosting that I love for the cupcakes I was making.  I just made a boxed strawberry lemonade cake mix for the cupcakes and then made the frosting because I wanted something light and refreshing for dessert-springy!  the bunnies are easy to make, just frost them, don't have to be to fussy and dip them in colored sugar, cut a large marshmallow diagonally for the ears and dip that in the sugar..stick them on the "face" and I used little colored chocolate sixlets for the eyes and nose, but you can use small dollops of frosting.  Here is the recipe for the frosting, it's easy, but just make sure you keep whipping it as you heat it up because the bottom will scorch if you don't..once it starts to thicken  you can pull it off the burner and let it cool down which is important before adding the butter and vanilla and whipping it.  It's not low calorie, but it's great.
 
WHIPPED CREAM (FAKE-OUT) FROSTING
 
MIX:
1 cup milk (I used whole milk)
1 cup sugar (granulated)
2 Tablespoons flour
IN A SMALL SAUCEPAN.  Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened, whisking the whole time to avoid lumps and scorching.  Remove from stove and cool to room temperature.
 
ADD 1 cup room temperature butter and 1 tsp vanilla.
 
Whip until light and fluffy.  This frosting holds up really well unlike whipped cream..
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment