Search This Blog

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Seafood Veggie appetizer

This is a recipe I invented years ago..my friend had mixed some frozen mixed veggie side dish with some mini shrimp and fake crab sticks and it tasted good, so I enlarged it with fresh vegetables and added some of the sauce below to eat it with crackers as an appetizer.  I have made it a lot for gatherings and people love it.  I have one of those tomorrow at work and I know that a lot of people will most likely bring Christmas sweets, so I thought a veggie thing might help us not all go into a diabetic coma.  I just have some club crackers on the side, or Ritz, for them to eat with it. 

SEAFOOD VEGGIE APPETIZER:
16 oz size of artificial crab meat chunks chopped up finely.  (you can also add some deveined mini shrimp)
1 cup finely diced fresh broccoli..I mainly use the heads and not the thicker stems
1 cup finely diced fresh cauliflower
2 green onions chopped finely
2 carrots peeled and grated

Sauce
1 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
1/4 cup Western dressing (you can add a little more if it seems to salad dressingy)
1/4 cup milk
some salt and pepper to taste
Whisk all together until creamy and smooth, pour over the veggie mixture and toss until well coated.  taste for seasoning..this is where I add more salt, pepper or western dressing.  sprinkle with paprika for color.


No comments:

Post a Comment