Search This Blog

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Homemade BBQ sauce for ribs and chicken (Nettie Boudreau's recipe)

The grandkids were over last night and they all love my BBQ'd ribs, so made up a batch..Kyle kept saying "I just love that sauce!" so decided to post my mother-in-law, Nettie Boudreau's, sauce recipe on here..the copy I have is getting all faded so better post it before I can't read it anymore anyway!

NETTIE'S HOMEMADE SAUCE FOR RIBS AND CHICKEN:

1 small can tomato sauce, 8 ounces.
1/3 cup catsup
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp yellow mustard
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/8 cup cider vinegar
a few shakes of onion and garlic salt (can use a little chopped onions instead of onion salt)
salt and pepper (small amount)
1/8 cup vegetable oil

Put in a smaller kettle, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.  I then put it on low and start basting ribs or chicken about 30-45 minutes before ready to serve..can serve extra sauce on the side if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment