Search This Blog

Sunday, October 5, 2014

French Dressing (homemade per Wyndmere, North Dakota cookbook)

I've been making this French dressing for years..my sister, Diane's old hometown, Wyndmere, created a cookbook for their centennial celebration and I was lucky enough to get one.  The recipes in it are awesome, and this became a family favorite of ours.  I also made a batch of this last night for the grandkid sleepover because my son, Joe, was also there for dinner and loves it as much as I do.  I just used mixed greens and some croutons and tossed them in this dressing and it was delicious. 

FRENCH DRESSING:

1/2 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 cup catsup
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp onion powder or 1 Tbls grated onion

Put all the ingredients in a blender or mix very well until well bleneded (I just put in a tight container and shake)

No comments:

Post a Comment