Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Margaret's Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie

The kid's grandma, Margaret, always made this pumpkin pie every year for Thanksgiving, and no one since has ever made it quite as good as hers was.  It had to be the love she put into it, because even though I have the recipe written in her own hand, it just doesn't quite taste exactly the same.  Now, since she passed, someone, usually myself or eldest daughter Shellie, makes it so we have a little bit of her at Thanksgiving with us.  This year it's me!  I like making it because I think about her and her personality, the way her arthritic hands worked when she cooked or baked and how much she loved her family.  She would have fought off a grizzly bear if it threatened any of us!  LOL.  no, seriously, she would have..Anyway, I wanted to share the recipe that she wrote down, smeared up and aged so future relatives could see it and try it if they want with their families.  (it actually was the one on the Festival pumpkin can), but she never told us and I discovered it long after she was gone)..her secret is safe with us..LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment