Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Pineapple Bread

When Joe and I went to Hawaii last week we were given a sample of Pineapple Bread at the Delta Sky Club while we waited for our return flight home.  I had never even heard of it before and we both liked it a lot, so I searched online for a recipe and made it this afternoon.  It's supposed to used a lot with ham dinners down south and I can see that it would be really good with ham.  I will make some up next time I cook one.  Here is the recipe..you can also add some coconut to it and/or crushed pecans if desired.  I did add some coconut because I had some and I like it, but the sample we had was just the pineapple and it was great.

PINEAPPLE BREAD:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  (makes 1 loaf, I doubled it because I read it was so good and the can of crushed pineapple I had was enough for two loaves)

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 -8 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 tsp vanilla

Cream butter, gradually add sugar, beating well (I used my electric mixer).  Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixure alternately with pineapple, mixing well.  stir in vanilla.

spoon batter into a greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.  Baked at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.  Cool loaf in pan 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment