Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Granola recipe from Laurie

I am on a healthy roll tonight..my director at work, Laurie, treated us all to a breakfast yesterday at work. She had lots of treats for us and one of them was this granola to put on yogurt that she made. I got the recipe from her and just had to make a batch tonight because it was so good! This was my dessert tonight after my bran muffin supper..vanilla yogurt with some of the yummy granola..

GRANOLA:

3-1/2 cups old fashioned or steel ground oats
3 cups of a variety of nuts, for sure add some sunflower seeds, and then she used cashews, pecans, and you can add walnuts, sliced almonds etc.  I don't think peanuts would be good though, but that's my opinion.  

1/2 cup honey
6 Tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons?  vanilla (the recipe is written kind of weird, so it might be Tablespoons, but I used teaspoons)
1/2 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:
Melt butter and mix with cinnamon, vanilla and salt.

Mix oats, nuts and raisins if you desire (I think they would get kind of burnt, but?)  I didn't use them)

Mix all together.

spread over a cookie sheet pan with sides and bake 75 minutes at 250 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment