Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Bran Muffins

My mother-in-law used to make bran muffins a lot..Joe loved them and so did she.  I don't remember if she ever put raisins in them..thinking not when Joe was around because I don't think my kids ever liked raisins much, at least whole ones.  I remember she would grind them up to distribute them more in cookies and things, so she may have done that.  Joe reminded me of them the other month..I am slow at responding some times..and I finally bought a box of Bran Flakes today and made a batch.  Yummy actually.  I put some butter and a drizzle of honey on mine, but jam would be good too. 

Here is the recipe I followed because there wasn't one of the box I bought-it was generic.  I original Bran Flakes used to have it on the box, but I found it online..

BRAN MUFFINS:

1-1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
14/ tsp salt
1 egg
1-1/2 cups skim milk (I used whole milk because that's what I had)
2 Tablespoons oil
3 cups Bran flakes
1/3 cups raisins or craisins if desired

DIRECTIONS:
1) Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.  Beat egg in a small bowl; stir in milk and oil.  Add to flour mixture; sir just until moistened.  (batter will be lumpy).  Stir in cereal and raisins.  spoon batter into muffin pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  fill each cup 2/3 full, making 12 muffins. 

2) Bake at 400 degrees for 2025 minutes or until lightly browned.  serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment