Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Crocheted Beach Bag for my Director at work who is retiring

I try to make a handmade gift for people when they are retiring from our department at work.  I started out wanting to make this super cool crocheted Tree of Life pillow in a hot pink but messed up the pattern toward the bottom and decided it was something to make when I felt no pressure and time restraints and that was definitely not the time!  Then I happened to come across a blog post for this beach bag and immediately fell in love with it.  I liked the design and colors a lot and felt it would fit her perfectly since it's her taste I am sure, and she will be spending time in Florida in the winters going forward.  I started it a month ago, right before we took a 2 week vacation with our camper out west, so it's been worked on in South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana along with Minnesota.  It took a lot more hours than I thought, but I like the result.  I also got her a white monogrammed beach towel in Navy writing to match and a bottle of her favorite wine to tuck in..hoping she'll like it, I do!  The pattern was on the Little Monkey's Crochet blog and there is also a child sized one that she used aqua and white and gray in..it's adorable. 




No comments:

Post a Comment