Kim shared this recipe with me after she made it last night for supper and it looked really good. She made some changes to the original recipe, so I will let you know what was the original. I made it tonight and I thought it was good, quick and easy..
Here is her version:
ONE POT KIELBASA CHEESY PASTA:
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 ring of smoked kielbasa or smoked sausage cut into bite sized cubes
1/2 of a large onion finely diced
2 cloves garlic minced
2 cups chicken broth
1 (10 oz) can tomatoes (she used Rotel blended)
8 oz dry small pasta (I used small bow ties, she used small shells)
1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
1/2 tsp salt and pepper, each
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions for garnish
1. Add olive oil to a 4-5 quart saute pan over medium high heat
2. Fry the smoked kielbasa and onions
3. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, heavy cream, pasta and seasonings
5. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
6. Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese.
7. Top with remaining cheese and cover until it's melted.
8. sprinkle with sliced scallions and serve.
(I added some petite frozen peas when I added the pasta etc)