Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Rosemarina or Orzo Chicken Salad

I made a double batch of this salad today for a party we are having tomorrow.  Instead of chicken in it I used a turkey I had in my freezer and roasted that for the meat.  I think it tastes just as good, or better, with the turkey, so something you could definitely make with turkey leftovers from the holidays.  I hadn't made this for a while, but Dave used to like it a lot back when, and my daughter, Kim, has made it a few times recently and brought it back to my mind.  I used to always use Rosemarina noodles in it, but they are kind of hard to find so now used Orzo noodles which are really similar.  There's not much to say that's negative about this salad, cashews, and some crunchy celery etc make it a great summer dish.

ROSEMARINA OR ORZO SALAD:

1 box of either or the above, prepared as per box directions and cooled (I rinse it under cold water)

4 cooked and diced chicken breasts (or equivalent turkey) or two large chicken breasts.

4-5 stalks of celery-I like the inner stalks) diced finely

1 small bunch of green onions (mostly white parts) diced finely

1 smaller can cashews

1 small jar diced pimentos

1/2 of a quart jar of HELLMAN'S mayonnaise (I add about 1/2 cup or so of Miracle Whip too)

1 Tablespoon dried parsley

seasoning salt to taste, maybe 2 teaspoons, add as needed..use  your favorite brand, I used one I got through the Farm Stand kitchen website-very good)

Mix together, can eat right away..(can also add small red grapes if desired)




No comments:

Post a Comment