Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Making Sophie's Universe

Last year, 2014, I discovered a crochet site through a friend on Facebook that was having a CAL (crochet-a-long) for that year that was gorgeous.  I got as far as ordering yarn and never did get around to making it.  This year they, again, started a project for 2015 called Sophie's Universe.  I have had it in the back of my mind since it started in January and didn't jump on board until this weekend finally when I had seen, this past week, a color version that I loved.  Hers looked like the Caribbean Ocean and is in the aqua's that I really love, so I decided to go for it.  The CAL goes for 20 weeks and in the end is a queen sized blanket.  I love that you don't have to sew squares together like last years was.  Yesterday I made week 1's steps and today week 2's steps.  I struggled with week 1 and then discovered there are step by step tutorials for each week that are awesome!  They are very detailed and you don't even need to read the actual pattern..Much, much easier!  Anyway I will be posting each week's progress as I get around to it.  I am already behind..they are just starting week 8, but am going to try to catch up.  For the first two weeks it took me about 4 hours for each one to finish, and don't know if as it gets larger if it will take more time, or if they will cut down on the rows for each week, but we will see..

Week1:
Week 2:
 
Finally got it squared up-lots more to go!
 
up a little more-row 66 completed!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment