Search This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Apple Crisp with Diane's Graham Cracker Crunch Topping

My sister, Diane, posted this recipe for me and my sister, Karen, for her apple crisp when I made an apple pie a few weeks back.  I had never in my life heard of crunch with graham crackers, but it sounded good since I like graham cracker crusts on a lot of desserts and pies.  Today I had more Haralson apples and am having my son over for supper, who loves apple desserts, so thought I'd give it a try.  thinking it's going to be good with vanilla ice cream or cool whip!  I can tell you it smells like it's definitely going to be a hit!  Hers her recipe:

Apple Crisp: 4 c. sliced, pared, cored baking apples. Place sliced apples in greased 8x8x2 or 10x6x1/2 pan or 1 1/2 qt. baking dish. Blend 2/3 to 3/4 c. brown sugar (packed) with 1/3 c. soft butter, add 1 c. graham cracker crumbs (I crush my own crumbs using honey graham crackers placed in a plastic bag and running the rolling pin over them until I get the consistency I prefer), 3/4 tsp. cinnamon and 3/4 tsp. nutmeg and mix until crumbly. Spread over apples, pat down lightly. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 mins. or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve with cream, whipped cream (or Cool Whip), ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment