Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2014

Mini meatballs, for spaghetti or mini/maxi subs

I am posting this recipe, even though it's not mine, because I really like it.  It's probably the easiest meatball recipe I have ever used and you can make as many as you want, freeze them and use them for whatever you want for a quick meal when you are busy.  I, so far, always have used them for spaghetti and meatballs, but I am sure they are really good in subs like the recipe calls for, and would be good even in Swedish meatballs with a gravy over mashed potatoes..will have to try it sometime.  In fact I was thinking of making them and using them in my hamburger milk gravy instead of the crumbled hamburger to try that out.  I made them tonight for dinner and just used jarred Prego sauce which I always add a small can of tomato sauce and a little sugar to because it's pretty strong to me, and cooked some angel hair pasta and called it good, and it was good!  I like to let my spaghetti sit for 15-20 minutes mixed together before serving it so it soaks in the sauce more.   Here is the link to the recipe..I usually like to add a little fresh parmesan and finely chopped onion in my version, plus a little extra garlic..oh, and I like to use italian bread crumbs..well, it's kind of the same recipe?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/mini-meatball-sandwiches-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment