Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Monster Cookies

Everyone at work has been talking Monster Cookie talk this week.  Kim requested them for her birthday dinner (mostly because her boyfriend, Kevin, and Alana wanted them), but still..so after not making them for decades, I decided to look up a recipe and throw them together for her dinner dessert.  I forgot how good they are, and for a cookie they actually seem like a healthy snack with all the tons of oatmeal in them.  (just trying to convince myself most likely).  Anyway, I was surprised how many recipes there are out there for monster cookies with a variety of ingredients in them!  Some had flour, some had no peanut butter (WHAT!) and some had coconut, raisins and rice krispies etc..I just picked a basic one, but would have enjoyed the coconut because I love that.  I decided not to though because not everyone is a fan of it.  Here's the recipe:

Monster Cookies:
3 eggs
1-1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
one 12 ounce jar creamy peanut butter (I had a 20 oz jar at home, so used a little over 1/4 of the jar)
1 stick soft butter
1 cup M&M's (I used mini ones)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 teaspoons baking soda
4-1/2 cups QUICK COOKING oatmeal in the box.

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray cookie sheets with Pam spray or line with parchment paper.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars.  Mix well.  Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter.  Mix well.  Stir in the M&M's, chocolate chips, baking soda and vanilla.  add oatmeal.  Drop by large Tablespoons full on cookie sheets (a dozen per tray, so spread out a little).  Bake for 8-10 minutes (mine took 10-11)..don't overbake.  Let them sit on the pan for about 3 minutes and then transfer onto rack to cool (I just use aluminum foil and lay them on that.  Makes 3 dozen or more if you don't make giant ones.  Sorry about the blurry picture-I was rushed because my kitchen was going to be ripped apart for a remodel the minute I got done)..

No comments:

Post a Comment