Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Chicken Stir Fry with Honey Garlic Sauce

I tried this a few nights ago since I had a whole chicken I had cut up and used the "non-breast" pieces to make fried chicken for Dave and me for supper and had the nice full breast left to make something with.  I love stir-fries anyway, so thought I'd try one that was different than my usual.  I liked it a lot and even the leftovers the next day for my lunch tasted great.  You could add whatever veggies you like to the chicken or other meat you have on hand..that's what's great about a quick stir fry.  I got a pot of rice cooking while I made it, but noodles would also be good with it.  Here's how I put it together.

For the marinade/sauce:
3 large garlic cloves minced..or use the minced garlic in the jar.
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup honey
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1-1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 Tablespoon Siracha sauce or less/more depending how spicy you like things

Mix together and pour half of it over your cubed up whole (or two half breasts) of chicken or equal amount of steak/pork.  Marinate up to 2 hours.  (I just marinated it about half an hour while I chopped up the vegetables and it was fine if you are doing it last minute like me.

In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 Tablespoon of vegetable or peanut oil.

Using a slotted spoon transfer the chicken to the skillet.  Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, until just done.  I wiped out the pan and added a little more oil and then added:

(1)
cleaned and diagonally thin sliced carrot
a red and yellow mini bell pepper sliced
about 2 cups of fresh broccoli heads cut in small florets
1/4 cup of yellow onion sliced (green onions would be good too)
(snow pea pods would be great in this too and fresh bean sprouts etc)

and stir fried them until they were tender crisp..Then I dumped the chicken back in and added the remainder of the reserved marinade and tossed it until slightly thickened.

Eat as above or over steamed rice or noodles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment